Maintenance and inspection of any equipment play an important role in enhancing the life of the equipment and in reducing the downtime. It is true for a Crane also these are the simple checks to be done at every start of the shift by the crane operator.
- Check the Load Block and make sure all sheaves are running well?
- Is the safety latch in place? Does it operate correctly?
- Inspect the wire rope for any damage and make sure it is lubricated?
- The “Emergency” stop function correctly?
- Do all the directional buttons and motions function correctly?
- Run the Crane Idle along the full bay length and the span check for any discrepancies?
- Check limit switch working in upward, downward, left, right, forward and reverse?
- Start with a lighter load, lift it safely just off the ground, check the functioning of brakes?
do you want more detailed information? Click on this link to get a Free E-book on Daily Operator Inspections