REVA Case Study
A 7.5T 50M Span crane is required for defence to be installed in a Airplane Hangar for maintenance of the aircrafts. The building is already ready.
- The building height has restrictions and is not sufficient to hold a 7.5t crane of 50M span. The headroom available is too less.
- The building is designed for a very less dead weight of the crane.
- The way from our works at Faridabad to the site in Jammu is not suitable to transfer a 50M long girder in a single piece.
- How can a 7.5t 50M span crane be accomodated in the headroom available ?
- How can crane be made of less dead load to meet the building strength requirements?
- How can we ship the 50M long girders from our factory to the site.
- Headroom : Reva opted for a special design known as fish belly design for this.
- 8 wheel configuration was used for the LT, so that the wheel loads could be distributed
2) Lower Dead Weight :
- We eliminated the platform, the requirement of platform along the girder was eliminated.
The crane girder flanges were made sufficiently wide that on this a person could easily walk through.
- The girder design was specially done.
- The girder diaphragms were specially designed, to have lower weights.
- We used German make energy chain instead of festooning arrangement. The weight of these are much lesser,
than the conventional systems.
3) Transportation Issue :
The girder was made in such a way that it could be split in 2 parts and rejoined at site.