- Check for loose/broken bolts or rivets. Check for cracked or insufficient welds.
Sheaves and Drums
- Check for worn grooves, worn groove lands, sharp edges and cracks.
- Check for worn, cracked, bent or broken parts. Check for loose/missing hardware.
Shafts, Axles, Wheels, Couplings
Brakes (Holding and Control)
- Check for excessive wear and proper adjustment on brake system parts, linings, pawls and ratchets. Check for proper functioning of electric control brake.
- Open gearbox inspection covers and check for gear teeth wear and proper lubrication.