We manufacture Traversers used for transporting railway coaches/ rail vehicles such as locomotives/ powered sections/ individual rail cars from one track to another horizontally.
Traverser is mostly used in the railway workshops to move coaches/ rail vehicles laterally from the siding track to a specific bay and also from one bay to another bay e.g. From repair bay to assembly bay, to smithy shop etc.
The greatest advantage of a traverser is that no long and costly return tracks with many switches need to be installed.
We design traversers according to the specific requirements of our customers especially focussing on span,loads and the no. of tracks to be operated.
- In house design, construction and assembly of the complete traverser to match specific requirements.
- All safety and signaling mechanisms are safe to use and user friendly.
- Operation and control by an operator in closed cabin on the traverser.
- Sunk-in design for use in a pit plus access ramps at both end.
- Design without pit plus access ramps at both ends.
- Individual drive mechanism for hauling and travelling.
- Robust structure to suit impact load.
- Traverser platform covered with steel chequered plates.
- Complete driving unit mounted inside the cabins.