Single Girder Cranes and Double Girder Cranes both are equally strong and rigid. They are both designed as per IS: 807
Single Girder Cranes have lesser weight because
- There is only one cross girder, the weight is lesser compared to 2 girders in Double Girder Cranes.
- The Hoisting Mechanism is simple as it is a standard hoist, being modular weight of the Hoist is much lesser than its counterpart in Double Girder Cranes.
- The platform as in Double Girder Cranes is not feasible in Single Girder cranes
Due to lower weight of the Single Girder Crane the price is lower, the supporting structure i.e gantry girders, columns and overall building size can be reduced.
Disadvantage of Single Girder Crane
- Maintenance is difficult as there is no platform / accessibility.
- The lifting height is reduced compared to a similar double girder Crane
How Reva has conquered these above disadvantages
Reva is providing a maintenance platform on one edge of the single girder crane.
The control panel is mounted on this maintenance platform. Hence is easily accessible and maintainable.
- Also the construction of the platform is such that the Hoist can be maintained from this platform.
- Reva is offering Low head Room Hoist. Hence the disadvantage of single girder cranes is nullified as the height of the hoist is reduced and thereby the to
Then why can’t every crane be a single girder crane.
Reva has done single girders cranes upto 30t Capacity. Above this single girder cranes are not recommended.
Also the max span which we have done for single girder cranes is 25M.